Meet The Maker
Lady Wood Goods was Established April 2020
Hi! I’m Nicole, the owner and creator behind Lady Wood Goods!
So what's my story? After working retail operations and visual manager for various luxury brands for over a decade, but just really being unsatisfied at where my life was heading. All the while dreaming and trying to find my little niche in the art world. I grew up drawing and painting, to eventually take on graphic design at Schoolcraft college in Livonia, but still, the passion wasn't there.
A passion was born
In March 2020 the world changed and allowed myself to pursue a new art medium in woodworking. I had received a harbor freight brand scroll saw for Christmas the year before and was really waiting to find time to experiment. Luckily the amount of time I was able to spend in the little corner of my garage I was able and hone my craft on the scroll saw. I then opened an Etsy, kicked off social, thus meeting the amazing maker community. Finally, something felt right. Something finally clicked for me. I started to gain confidence with myself and woodworking at the same time, I wanted to and still want to try new things and make...everything!
I now, not only run my own retail shop, but also specialize in custom signs and graphic design work for customers and other small business. I put a lot of time and energy into establishing a name for my business that truly embodies my favorite things, sunny days on the Great Lakes, the endless pine forests of Michigan; a true Michigander. I now run Lady Wood Goods business part-time out of my home in Detroit, Michigan. The other part at Live Edge Detroit, in Troy, Michigan learning, creating and educating.
Facts About Me:
To really get the full picture of the person behind the maker and who you are supporting, here are a few facts:
- I am a Dog Mom of a rescue named Loki, he is a beagle and rat terrier mix. On my mornings off you will find me on a trail of through town running with my best buddy.
- Born and raised in Metro Detroit
- I grew up on Lake Erie + Lake Michigan salmon, walleye, and perch fishing. Which is really where I get most of my inspiration to create my Michigan themed designs.
- I am a Walrus Oil Affiliate for all their wonderful wood finishing products. Use code LADYWOOD for 10% off (Really a dream come true)
- If I'm not woodworking you'll likely find me learning to roller skate, hiking in the woods, or riding my bike downtown Detroit for some Jose's Tacos.
- I learned everything I know about woodworking from Instagram makers and Youtube. I have never taken a class.
- I really enjoy antiquing and vintage cloth shopping.
- Road trips with my boyfriend Jared are my absolute favorite vacations. Jared is also the person who gifted me the scroll saw and started this amazing journey. I really owe him so much for his amazing support and encouragement.
I am committed as Lady Wood Goods to crafting high quality, one-of-a-kind, and meaningful items. The goal is to bring kindness, happiness, life and positivity to this little corner of the internet. I sincerely hope you enjoy these pieces in your home, as I have had a blast making them for you.